Who wraps up the NFL action in Week 16 of Monday Night Football tonight? The Miami Dolphins carry their six-game winning streak at the Big Easy as they face the New Orleans Saints. Both teams need every win over the next three weeks to keep pace in the nfl ranking and maintain the relevance of the playoffs. Can Miami continue to work its way to an AFC Wild Card spot, or will Saints QB Ian Book play spoiler on his first NFL start? Continue reading below for more information on the start time, channel, and live stream options for Monday Night Football in week 16.
- Game: Miami Dolphins (7-7) to New Orleans Saints (7-7)
- Site: Mercedes-Benz Superdome, New Orleans, Louisiana
- Channel: ESPN
- Time: 8:15 p.m. ET
- Monday Night Football Live Stream:
- ESPN app
- Hulu + Live TV
- NFL mobile app
- YouTube TV
What to expect from the Dolphins vs. Saints tonight?
Miami found a new way to win in Week 15. In QB Tua Tagovailoa’s worst game of the season, he finally found support from an unlikely source: RB Duke Johnson. Miami’s rushed attack has been excruciating this season. The Dolphins only covered 86.6 yards per game, with Tua doing the heavy lifting in the air to keep the Fins ahead.
Miami withdrew Johnson from the practice squad after a plethora of positive COVID-19 tests hit their RB room. Johnson became the first Miami RB to run for 100 yards this season. Myles Gaskin is next closest, with 89 yards against the Jets in Week 11.
The Saints have had one of the most dominant defenses this season. Although they have faced more records since Jameis Winston’s injury, they still hush up the infractions. The Tampa Bay Buccaneers’ 9-0 shutout in Week 15 was a grim reminder of the scale of that task for Miami.
However, the Dolphins’ defense returned to form last season. The Saints ‘offense has been lackluster lately, and who knows what fans will get in on tonight with the Saints’ fourth starting quarterback of the season. QB Taysom Hill and Trevor Siemian have been placed on reserve / COVID-19 list, leaving rookie QB Ian Book as the only active QB on the roster.
NFL Power Rankings Week 17: Bills Go Up, Patriots Go Down, Cardinals Go Down
The Miami offense lived and died under Tua outside of the last week. He hasn’t been amazing, but he’s doing what needs to be done to get some home straight wins. The rushed explosion in Week 15 was a good sign. With more RBs back in the lineup, the Dolphins’ offense will have to play against their biggest test of the season tonight, Monday Night Football.
This Miami team is determined and has risen to the challenge in the last six games. With one goal in mind, bottling RB Alvin Kamara will be the key to the Dolphins’ victory, and he won’t have Hill leeching wearing this week. Miami wins another close one.
Prediction of dolphins against saints: Dolphins 23, Saints 17
- Baltimore Ravens vs. Las Vegas Raiders – September 13
- Final: Raiders 33, Ravens 27 (OT)
- Detroit Lions at Green Bay Packers – September 20
- Final: Packers 35, Lions 17
- Philadelphia Eagles vs. Dallas Cowboys – September 27
- Final: Cowboys 41, Eagles 21
- Las Vegas Raiders vs Los Angeles Chargers – October 4
- Final: Chargers 28, Raiders 14
- Indianapolis Colts at the Baltimore Ravens – October 11
- Final: Corbeaux 31, Colts 25 (OT)
- Buffalo Bills in the Tennessee Titans – October 18
- Final: Titans 34, Bills 31
- New Orleans Saints at the Seattle Seahawks – October 25
- Final: Saints 13, Seahawks 10
- New York Giants vs. Kansas City Chiefs – November, 1st
- Final: Chiefs 20, Giants 17
- Chicago Bears vs. Pittsburgh Steelers – November 8
- Final: Steelers 29, Bears 27
- Los Angeles Rams vs. San Francisco 49ers – November 15
- New York Giants at Tampa Bay Buccaneers – November 22
- Final: Buccaneers 30, Giants 10
- Seattle Seahawks to Washington Football Team – November 29
- Final: Washington 17, Seahawks 15
- New England Patriots at Buffalo Bills – December 6
- Final: Patriots 14, Bills 10
- Los Angeles Rams vs. Arizona Cardinals – December 13
- Final: Rams 30, Cardinals 23
- Las Vegas Raiders at the Cleveland Browns – December 20 (Saturday match postponed to Monday)
- Final: Raiders 16, Browns 14
- Minnesota Vikings vs. Chicago Bears – December 20
- Final: Vikings 17, Bear 9
- Miami Dolphins at New Orleans Saints – December 27
- Cleveland Browns to the Pittsburgh Steelers – January 3